NEW for 2015 the Municipality of the County of Kings and the Old Orchard Inn & Spa have partnered with the Wharf Rat Rally to provide an Official Pit Stop and off-site registration for the rally.
This new Pit Stop will make it easier for bikers to avoid the longer registration lines in Digby while resting during their drive. We are also encouraging everyone to spend some time while in Kings County to enjoy the scenery and local activities.
Sample of Local Activities
- Local Wineries including Domaine de Grand Pré , Luckett Vineyards, and Blomidon Estate Winery
- UNESCO Grand Pré Heritage Site
- Halls Harbour fishing village (including lobster pound)
- Blomidon Look-Off, Beaches and Farmers Markets
- Fox Hill Cheese House, Just Us! Coffee Roasters Co-op, Harriet Irving Botanical Gardens
- Historical Museums including Prescott House, Randall House, Charles Macdonald House, Blair House and the Old Kings Courthouse Heritage Museum
After you register you can also pick your registration kit anytime during the month of August at the Old Orchard Inn & Spa.
There will also be an welcoming centre and registration desk set up at the Old Orchard Inn during the Rally at the following dates and times:
- Registration Center at Old Orchard Inn
- Thursday Sept. 3 from 2:00pm – 7:00pm
- Friday Sept. 4 from 10:00am – 9:00pm
- Saturday Sept. 5 from 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Plus a Bike Wash Station on site
Special overnight accommodation biker rates are available for August and September.The Inn is offering a weekday rate (Sun. – Thurs.) of $101 to signify Highway 101 in Kings County.Stay longer or plan a relaxing mini trip to Kings County this summer.
The schedule of events for the 2015 Wharf Rat Rally can be found here:EVENTS at Wharf Rat Rally