This summer as travelling opens up for Canada we look forward to guests travelling on the Digby Ferry from from Saint John New Brunswick. The crossing time is approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes on the relaxing Fundy Rose Ferry. Breathe in fresh salt air from the outdoor seating and viewing area on this Digby Ferry, and keep a keen eye on the Bay of Fundy for whales and other magnificent marine life.
With daily crossings the Digby Ferry disembarks in the Eastern end of the beautiful Annapolis Valley. The Old Orchard Inn is a comfortable 1 hour and 30 minutes drive towards the center of the Annapolis Valley and the heart of Tourism in the Province of Nova Scotia. Surrounded by wineries, UNESCO Grand Pre’ site and so much more you should plan for several days to take in the summer activities and sites. The Inn is also only an hours drive to Halifax for a day trip to the city or the famous lighthouse at Peggy’s Cove.
Annapolis Valley attractions via Digby Ferry
- Wineries including Domaine de Grand Pre , Luckett Vineyards, Blomidon Estate Winery and Wolfville & Lightfoot vineyards
- Wolfville Magic Winery Bus
- Halls Harbour Fishing Village (including Lobster Pound)
- Golf Courses including Berwick Heights Golf Course, Ken-Wo Golf and Country Club, Eagle Crest Golf Course, Avon Valley Golf and Country Club
- Grand Pre National Historic Site
- Blomidon Provincial Park
- Oaklawn Farm Zoo
- Hiking and Walking Trails (including the famous Acadian dykes)
- Sand and Rock Beaches
- Kayaking and Canoeing
- Spectacular Bird Watching (Piping Plovers and many other migrating shore birds)
- Historical Museums including Prescott House, Randall House, Charles Macdonald House, Blair House and the Old Kings Courthouse Heritage Museum