Dear Valued Guest,
As a destination, we understand the importance and peace of mind each of our guests need to feel comfortable during the COVID-19 public health emergency. As a valued guest, your safety and security is our utmost priority.
Health & Safety of our Guests
We already clean and disinfect each room with a product approved by NS Health as food safe and eﬀicacy of killing viruses like the COVID-19 virus. We clean all hard surfaces such as; tables, chairs, remote controls, lamps, and bedside tables & lamps. All of our linens, towels, and duvet covers are cleaned after each check-out or as requested by the guest. We use industrial-grade washing detergent, with disinfection taking place through the process. All members of our hotel have been trained on using disinfectants safely and correctly.
Guest Rooms: diligent cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after each guest departs and before the arrival of a new guest.
Public Spaces: increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, including front desk, elevator buttons, door handles, public washrooms and room keys
Back of the House: these are areas such as the kitchen, laundry, storage areas where we have increased the frequency of cleaning with a focus on high-touch areas like staff entrances and offices
In addition to our high standards for cleaning procedures, we have implemented the following extra measures to continue providing you with a clean, safe and healthy room:
• We have procedures in place in the event of a confirmed case amongst our guests or employees
• We have made hands free sanitizers available at heavily trafficked areas.
• We instructed our managers to regularly monitor and communicate the COVID-19 updates from Health Canada, World Health Organization (WHO) and Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Cancellation policy update
• For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by June 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
• For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and June 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
To adjust reservations made directly with us please contact our reservation desk via email at [email protected] or toll free at 1-800-561-8090.
If your reservation was made through a 3rd party site such as expedia.ca or booking.com then you must cancel or modify your reservation through their website as per your online agreement with them.
Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to having you stay with us soon.
President & CEO
Old Orchard Inn